Monday, January 30, 2017

1/30/17: Rain Poncho Fashion Show

It`s been rainy like crazy this week! It rains every 2 or 3 days but when it rains it pours the whole day. On friday we went to go visit maria mendoza and luz clara cedeƱo in an area called eloy alfaro, and to get to this area you have to climb a giant hill, so we got to their house then right as we got there it started POURING, and the roof of their house is tin so we could barely even hear what they were saying and we were there for like an hour and a half because we were trying to explain everything but the rain just kept on goin. Then when we went to leave all the streets were like rivers...because all the roads are dirt and so it was all flooded in some parts and we tried to find a place to leave that wasn´t covered in water but...we could not. SO, we just walked through one of the little rivers and it came up to our calves! And we were also with a member who`s like 60 years old, her name`s Blanca....hopefully she`ll go with us to another lesson after that,haha....
 Update, so it`s still raining here in good old Jaramijo, and Jaramijo is kind of isolated from the main city,Manta, so the signal`s already not so great...and the signal`s even worse today with all the rain, so the internet is super slow and a minute ago the power went out for a minute...but my email was saved as a draft so it`s okay. everyone in the cyber shouted ´nooooo!´ ,haha. One way or another we`ll write our emails today. anywho....
   Other things that happend this week- we had stake confernce and elder ardila from the seventy came and spoke! He spoke mostly about the youth and how parents need to teach their children and basically how the leaders of the church can`t teach their children everything. After the conference he said hola hermanas! to me and my companion but my companion wasn`t looking and there were a million people there and I had to run after my compaion so I just said hola as I was running away,umm... 
    So maria mendoza accepted a baptism date for the 18th of february but...she didn´t go to church on sunday! ahhh...I was so pained. Is that a phrase? I was so sad her and her daughter luz clara didn`t come to church, we called them but they still haven`t answered, so we`re going to visit them tomorrow. Pray that they go to church this sunday! Maria castro and her daughter kenia did go to church and to go to the stake conference in manta we all hopped on a giant bus and off we went! 
   Other things...today it was raining and we didn`t want to leave the house so we just made lunch in house and i made no bake cookies! Without a measuring cup. I just used a real cup and guessed...but they turned out pretty good! They didn`t really set up ( i think it might be for the humidity) so we put them in the fridge and now they`re great, just in case you were worried. 
   So we watched a missionary broadcast on wednesday morning and they announced some changes! They`re not SO extreme, we`re just planning in the morning instead of at night and pday we have an hour and a half more, whaddup. Also, the key indicators have changed,I`m sure you were alldying to know that. 
   My companion now has 5 weeks on the mish! So far so good. She teached me her peruvian lengo and  I teach her words in english! ´´oh my gosh´´ Anything funny I should teach her in english? well, I`m going to send this before the power goes out again or something crazy happens. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK! read your scriptures. CHAO CHAO!

Sorry for the lame photos today...me and my poncho? who could say no to you when you`re dressed like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment