Monday, October 3, 2016

10/3/16: Transferred to Libertad + General Conference

Guess who`s no longer in Portoviejo?! haha, there were transfers last night and I just arrived to my new sector in Libertad (its called esperanza, or hope) with my companion, hermana twitchell who`s from Utah and this will be her last transfer. From what I`ve seen I really like it here and it kind of reminds me of like a run down part of seattle or that place in oregon people always go to...it has shore in the name? Ah, I`m blanking on the name! But it`s just the two of us living here in the home so that`ll take some getting used to after living with 3 other girls in the other homes. 
  And..GENERAL CONFERENCE!! So great. Basically the answer to all my prayers. As everyone has been saying, all of them were super great but one I especially liked was by J. Devn Cornish. I also really apreciated all of the cool accents that were heard in the conference talks and prayers, the suit of Elder Rasband and the purple pocket squares worn by the tabernacle choir. But really, it was such a great conference weekend. One of he people that came was a new investigator we`ve taught once named Richard. We just taught him the restauration and he just GETS IT. Totally going to be baptized. Also, we may or may not have crashed a wedding before the saturday afternoon sesh...one of our investgators, Juan Carlos Pacheco got married to his wife who`s already a member and it was SO gorgeous. We were just goingt to stay for a few minutes to see the happy couple but we got there and the bride hadnt gotten there, and then right when we were about to go out the door the whole wedding party stood outside the door and maria del carmen, the bride, was walking down her little red carpet to make her grand entrance....so we snuck out right after she came in haha. 
    Also, we met a best friend named Ethan on friday where we eat lunch each friday., He`s a sassy 4 year old who starts dancing when we tell him to and gives us chocolate cake ahaha. I`m going to attach some selfies I took with him and also when he struck a pose in his little jeep. SO great. He reminds me of chancho from nacho libre. WELL, that`s a bit of my week. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! CHAO!










I look so chubby and tired in this picture, gross. But this sister named Jessica made us bolones today! It`s with platano and onion and other things. mmm.. 


My best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment