Monday, October 17, 2016

10/17/16: Dinner with the Bishop's Family

Libertad week 2! I finally thought of the name this place reminds me of....the San Juan Islands! It`s so pretty! I`m slowly learning the sector and all of the people in it! The people here are officially the best and love bringing us food. Three of the members brought us each a meal of ribs, potatos and salad from some awesome restaurant here wednesday night, then the bishop`s family invited us over for lasagna last night, and friday night the dueƱo (I think that`s like the land owner in english, i^m blanking ..) and his wife brought us colada morada which is a traditional drink they make here in october-november, it had berries,pineapple,strawberries, deliciousness. Oh, and hermana twitchell`s birthday is coming up friday (she`s turning 22!cue the t swift song..) so we already know we`ll be eating cake with like 10 differesnt families. oh man. 
    We just got back from going to guayaquil ( a2 and a half horu bus ride there then we came right back) to go renew my visa,woo. I just had to sign a few papers and a take a photo but now I`m legal again. 
    Everyone here keeps asking us what we think about the elections...better to just say nothing! I think I`ll just stay here after I finish the mish because.....But November 8th will be an interesting day. We`re going to have a baptism of a girl named michelle, who the others sisters were teaching for a few months, but she couldnt get baptized the first 2 times they interviewed her because she had some problems with her testimony, but now she`s going to get baptized this saturday! She`s 22 and her boyfriend`s a member and the other day she was showing us rings she likes haha, and we may or may not have given her the address for pinterest....but it`s for her temple wedding! But yeah, everything`s going well here. Love you all, chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment