Monday, October 10, 2016

10/10/16: First Week in Esperanza

This week went by so fast! This new area is so gorgeous, and I love it because it`s been pretty cold here, it feels like Washington! But really, it`s been freezing when we`ve woken up each morning and I love it. I`ve met like a 100 new people this week so hopefully I`ll start remembering all of their names...
  Saturday there was a bapitsm for a 15 year old kid named Edgar de la Cruz and he was so so SO happy. I hadn`t met him til his baptism (kind of funny haha) and he was bearing his testimony at the end of his baptism and then just personally welcomed me to the ward in the middle of it. Also, if anyone knows a good way to say our last name with a spanish accent, talk to me. I`ve heard various nicknames for it this week like Hma Tinkerbell, tigre, all sorts of things. 
  Yesterday night we opened up the 2 packages that got here and it was such a hoot. WE LOVE HOT CHOCOLATE! I think we`re going to bring hot choclate packets with us to the house of members and make them hot chocolate because we got a good supply. It`d also be fun to watch them try the tim tam slam.... ;) The members here are all super super nice and just want to feed us! As you can probably tell from all the photos and my chubby little face. But they`re so kind and the children are hilarious. They just come running at you and LOVE you, so cute. They`ll just run up and hug you even if they don`t know who you are..
  Well, hope it`s been a good week for everyone! Oh yeah, Happy Colombus Day! haha. CHAO CHAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment