Monday, November 9, 2015

11/9 3: Cockroaches and Taking the Bus

Hola!! The end of my third week is just around the corner! Living in a foreign country is hard, but it definitely has its perks. Like all of the hilarious/bizarre stories, which I have plenty of for this week. The first one happend a few days ago when I was standing in our kitchen eating a cracker, and then all of the sudden I feel something crawling on my hand..and there´s a giant cockroach crawling on my arm! Probably the grossest feeling ever, and I have no idea where the cockroach came from. But Hermana Espinoza took care of it with a tupperware lid  and of course we had to sing the cucharacha (spelling..?) song afterwards. 
        Yesterday we taught a woman, Consuelo (comfort in English) and there were all of these people in her home for her son´s birthday party so we taught like 10 people,haha. But they were such a sweet family and after we taught them they gave us a slice of birthday cake and wanted us to take a picture with their son while he blew out his birthday candle haha, unexpected (and a little awkward) but they were so welcoming! And me and Hermana Espinoza were on either side of the birthday boy and my companion tried showing him how to blow out the candle but ended up just blowing out the flame,haha. And yesterday was also a good day because I had ceviche for the first time! Definitley one of my favorite dishes here in Ecuador. 
         And last night we stopped by a member´s home, Barbrara, to ask for some water but we ended up talking with her family for awhile and shared the scripture Ether 12 27 (insert scripture..) and I love this scripture because we all have weaknesses but we become better through Jesus Christ and His Atonement and the reason we have struggles in this life is to learn and become better than we were before,not to be perfect at everything from the start. 
    Another fun experience from this week was taking the bus! We usually take the taxis here so the bus is a whole other ordeal. There were not seats so we had to stand and we were holding on for dear life, but I´m pretty sure our legs are strong as steel after that bus ride. 
       Lots of people here have been making these piniata statue things in their homes to sell for New Years because they fill them with fireworks and other things, which is kind of sad because they spend so much time on them! But outside one home there were about 30 dragonball Z (..?) piniatas , like an army haha.I dont know why but Dragonball Z is pretty big here...? Well this week´s been good and I´m (kind of) getting used to the heat and humidty!¡ CHAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment